Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year ('s Eve)!!

Happy New Years to all my readers!!

Sunday turned out to be a great day to tailgate and take in a football game. The temperature got up near 40, topping out at 37 or so I believe. I had Mr. Heater on, but mostly just because I had gone through the trouble of bringing it.

We had 10 people at the tailgate at one point, so I was basically a short order cook. Lots of eggs going for breakfast sandwiches and a lot of coordinating with the Canadian bacon, muffins, cheese and eggs. It's all good though. I enjoy entertaining even if it's in a parking lot in near freezing weather.

The breakfast portion was followed up with chili and hot dogs (or chili dogs for most people). It's pretty basic, but I didn't think people would have their gloves off, so I didn't make appetizers. Oh well, everyone had a good time.

After cleaning up and finishing the last bit of food, MWrigley and I missed the opening kickoff and first few plays. The game was fun to watch and we had a good time, but Gar and the Boyz who sit in front of us weren't there and the usual suspects who sit to our right weren't there either.

We stayed until the end of the game, but then left instead of tailgating afterwards. Turns out that a few of the guys gave MWrigley a hard time for having us leave the Denver game which ended in a 14 point turnaround for the Bears to force overtime and then the Bears won in OT. On the way home from that game, MWrigley said she was secretly cheering for the Broncos because she didn't want to be the reason I missed the end of a great game. So THIS time she stated several times that we weren't leaving another game early. Lesson learned!

Six of the guys at my tailgate were doing the Bears game and then going to see the Black Hawks at night. They thought I was going to stick around and tailgate after the game too, which I have done in the past about 80% of the time, but I had other plans this time. MWrigley's mother and step-dad had been in town for a week and finally left Sunday morning. That meant she and I haven't had much alone time for the last 10 days or so since she was sick briefly prior to their arrival. As a further result, we decided to go out for a quick dinner (sushi) and then stay in for NYE, light a fire, watch a movie and have champaign. A very nice, quiet evening.

Coming soon: how my recommended funds last year performed and what funds stay on or fall off the list for 2008.

Confidential for Steve: Congrats on the new job!

Happy Birthday to Joisey Ken! He's a great guy and an even better friend.

3 comments:

alexis said...

awww, what a lovely nye! I am interested to hear your fund picks results. Mine did poop :(

stef said...

Sounds like a lovely NYE. Did you watch the outside hockey game on NYD? THOSE people are crazy.

Anonymous said...

THANKS BUDDY!!