Saturday, December 29, 2007

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum.....

How long do you leave your Christmas tree up? The city of Chicago recycles on the 12th of January, but that seems like a long time to have a tree up. Don't most people take them down around the first of the year? Hmm, seems like the 5th would have been a better recycling day.

I don't think I wrote about it, but if you had waited until the Saturday before Christmas (maybe even the Friday or Thursday, I'm not positive) you could have bought a Christmas tree at Menards for $5!! Any live tree they had left. Fir, Balsam, Spruce....$5. That's a thought next year for you Chicagoans trying to save money.

I just love this story. What kind of message are we sending our youth if this prize is allowed to stand??

Sunday is another Bears home game, the last one of the season and I'll be out there tailgating at 9:30. The weather should be much better than last week....how could it be worse??

2 comments:

alexis said...

I usually never put up a tree, thus saving me from having to probe my soul for this answer.

Anonymous said...

Wife with her customary efficiency (had all the decorations up in a single day) decided on Sunday to take them down and within five hours it was done. Since we have an artificial tree, that's never an issue.