Sunday, December 23, 2007

Now THAT was cold!

If you happened to watch the Bears game on TV or live in Chicago, you know what kind of weather we had on Sunday. In a word, brutal. It was cold: a high of 20 or so. And windy: 40-50 mph gusts and a sustained wind above 25 mph. That's pretty damn cold when you get the wind chill involved.

But we were still out there tailgating!! Yes, my softball buddy, Sausage, joined me for breakfast in the parking lot followed by chili dogs. It was so cold, even my Newcastle beer was more like a beer slushy.

When I had feeling in my fingers, early on, I took some pictures to share with you. Actually I wasn't too cold at all. With my layered clothes, hand warmers, toe warmers, Mr. Heater pumping away and The Cadillac Club at half-time, I was in pretty good shape.

On to the pictures!!





Here's Mr. Heater working away. When it's windy, the flames can get blown out. In an effort to fight it, I bought a piece of metal duct to protect the heater. I clamped the duct to the heater to keep it secure and it worked like a champ! Nice going Joe!!









Here's how windy it was. Those are pretty big flags! See the U.S. flags in the back ground? It's like they are starched.












Here I am with my Bears Santa hat on over my face mask hat. Oh, and I'm standing next to Mr. Heater and the piece of duct.













My buddy Sausage. He's not looking too happy at this point. He didn't complain about being cold at all though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're insane.

alexis said...

ditto on that sentiment! :)

Anonymous said...

Come-on dejesusfreak and Alexis - that's really not a revelation.

Great to see the Bears come on strong - when it means absolutely nothing!

I noticed the Ms. Wrigley was not present - obviously a sign that she is sane - another sign why she's a great addition to your life.

stef said...

The whole time Husband my ILs were watching the game they were making comments as to who would be crazy enough to be there. I told them I know who.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, crazy is one word to use for us. -1 windchill....ugh.