Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Where have all the horses gone?

Least surprising tidbit of information of the year: Lynne Spears' parenting book put on hold.
Second least surprising tidbit of information of the year: Jamie Lynn Spears (16) is pregnant.
Good Lord. Those Spears girls are pretty and all, but are they really THAT much of white trash? Guess so.

It's that time of year again. Sure, there's gift giving and good spirits, but I'm talking about the time of year to taken by swindlers. Number one on my list: the International Star Registry and it's mouthpiece Rocky Mozel. This ass-clown advertises on the radio almost exclusively about "giving the gift of a star" to someone you love. So these guys pick a star that's been charted and allow you to name it after a loved one. They then put the star and the name in a book and file it with the U.S. Copyright office. All for only $54 to $480!!! This, my friends, is a miserable scam.

Only the I.A.U. has the authority to name stars. "Filing" a book with the U.S. Copyright Office provides no protection to you, the "star holder". It only protects the publisher from someone stealing their content. Sounds good though doesn't it? Or at least official. Unbelievable. That people still get sucked into this scam, which has been going on for almost 30 years now according their website, is amazing and depressing to me. Can't they be shut down?!?

My picture of the day is a Christmas card that I received from my cousin in Pennsylvania:

Nothing out of the ordinary huh? Maybe even a bit trite. So why would I post it? Well, for almost 20 years now, I've received a Christmas card from this cousin and EVERY SINGLE YEAR, without fail, she sends a card which in some way has a horse on it. She used to own a horse and did for a long time, so she loves horses. This year, no horse. Whazzup with dat?? I had to look at the card twice just to make sure it was actually from her!!



Next, from poster Bee, we have a picture of T-Rex's next victim. Holy smokes, look at the size of that thing!!!






I had one of these today with lunch. Actually, I had the Creamy Red version. Pretty tasty stuff. It was a total impulse purchase as I walked through World Market this morning. My grandfather, while walking through the woods with me in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains in Pennsylvania, would strip off pieces of bark for us to chew on to get that birch flavor. A good memory for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats pretty cool Lakeview, Pap used to actually give me a bottle of Birch Beer to drink, but you get the experience of sucking bark, oh well...Yeah, Cuz V's Xmas card to us this year was reindeer as well, guess J is having an effect on her...

stef said...

OMG. We always had birch beer at the local pizza parlor in MD. I haven't had it for YEARS. Memories...