Friday, December 28, 2007

A White Dusting

We were supposed to get a nasty snow storm today in Chicago, 3"-6" of snow and it was snowing at 8 a.m. when I woke up. It snowed most of the day until about 5 or 6, but it hasn't really amounted to anything here downtown at least. Good for us!

With the impending "storm", I recalled T-Rex from Basra. He had be out the last two nights with steak gristle as bait. Unfortunately no kills or much movement at all from what I could tell. With the fresh snow though, I'll be able to see which holes are active. Maybe T-Rex will be redeployed tomorrow.

Comics status update: I didn't get quite caught up. As you recall, as of Christmas I was supposed to have been all caught up in my comic reading by reading an additional day's worth of comics in the morning. As of today, I am only four days behind, so not caught up, but not bad!

Read in the paper the other day about inventors who died during 2007. I wonder if it was an odd year for this sort of thing or if 2007 was extraordinary? Inventors who passed away invented these things:
Nautilus exercise machines
The remote control
Foosball
Modern hot air balloon (with liquid propane burners)
Gatorade (after wondering why members of the Florida Gators football team didn't pee after practices)
Rice-a-Roni
Benadryl
Instant Ramen Noodles

1 comment:

alexis said...

oh my god, I have the most ridiculous craving for ricearoni now.