Sunday, December 09, 2007

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no roof let the M-Fer burn!

Fun link of the day!

Friday night was the holiday party for two of my clients and Randolph Wine Bar upstairs. Ironically, it's the same place that our networking event is going to be on Tuesday. These particular clients are really nice guys and their employees are pretty cool. They welcomed MWrigley and me and we had a very nice time. Unfortunately, the appetizers were few and far between early on and we were really hungry. Finally though, more started coming out of the kitchen in greater quantities and very, very hot. Poor MWrigley got one filo dough cup filled with something with hot cheese on top, popped it into her mouth. Unfortunately the cheese started to burn the roof of her mouth, but she didn't want to be rude and spit out. Ugh. This incident became more significant on Saturday.

First thing in the morning, MWrigley and I prepared to go Christmas tree hunting. We weren't sure if we wanted to go to Menards, where Balsam's are about $30 for an 8' tree, or to a private lot. As this was MWrigley's first tree in Chicago, I pushed her towards spending a little more and going to a private lot where you can see the tree better as they are often already unwrapped. So we drove around her neighborhood until we found a lot that looked good. We ended up just south of Chicago and Damen and for $50, we found a pretty nice looking 8' Balsam. We hauled it home and up to her apartment without much trouble. Next: the decorating!

Saturday night I had my Beer Bash at Delilah's Bar: 2 hours of free beer for my 30+ guests and pizza which I had brought into the bar. It was fun, but short and the beer, Miller Lite, wasn't what I was expecting. Still, it was fun. In preparation for the event though, I decided to trim my goatee like I do every other day or so. Unfortunately, I didn't have the trimmer guard on it that regulates the hair height, so for about 1.5 seconds I completely shaved off a portion of my goatee!!! Ugh. So I had to trim the rest of my goatee to match so I didn't look like a doofus. Oh well, it's just hair and will grow back eventually.

Nothing new with T-Rex as he's not doing well with the snow. I need to get new bait too as peanut butter seems unappealing below 30 degrees. Ideas on bait are appreciated!

4 comments:

alexis said...

miller light?? Sheesh, they should have paid you for taking it off their hands. That stuff is basically a waste of time...

Or, I need to stop drinking the 9%+ Belgian beers....

Anonymous said...

Try some raw meat in the trap...
*shiver*

Anonymous said...

I agree A; serving Miller Lite to you Joe was an insult. You should demand satisfaction. Ricardo will be your second.

So what was the tie in from MW buring the roof of her mouth (never fun) and Saturday? Do you use some of your beard as a heat protecting mat for it? Did the burn actually cause her to LIKE Miller Lite?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Don't stop Alexis! That's what I was hoping to drink as this bar advertises (and told me specifically) that they do not carry mass-produced beer on tap......except I guess when I show up. Most of my team liked it better anyway, so that was ok. They allowed MWrigley and me to have Goose Island instead though.

Sorry el supremo! It was late when I posted and forgot to tie the story together. I also forgot some interesting things, so I'll do all that today.