Thursday, December 27, 2007

Question and answer session

What's the best "deal" that you've gotten on something you bought before Christmas (but FOR Christmas) or in a post-Christmas sale?

As one might expect, pre-Christmas I didn't get too much in the way of deals. There was a coat from Eddie Bauer that's supposed to be really warm and it was down to $100 or so from over $200. Oh, and I bought a gel bicycle seat cover and it only cost me $10. I don't think it was on sale, but I felt really good about it!!

Is anyone really working this week?

Why were there no football games on Christmas day? Anything would have been nice.

What percentage of your gifts did you have to take back? I think I'm at about 20% or so......it looks like 3 out of 15 or so.

Does anyone have luggage that they would actually recommend to someone else to buy? I'm pondering just going to Overstock.com and buying something from there.

What are people's plans for NYE? I have like four parties to go to, one out of state and two in bars that are larger group events (the kind where you can drink all you want for $85 or something) and I'm not sure what to do. MWrigley has left it up to me to decide.

Sunday is another Bears tailgating day! MWrigley will join me this time as well as two guys from my softball team (Sausage and Benny Baseball) and a co-worker of MWrigley's will probably stop by as well. Let's hope for very little wind!!!


Final Holiday catalog count: 24 (a little down from 30 last year)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luggage recommendation - Ricardo, it's not cheap but you know how much travel I do and we have found them to be well designed and extremely durable.

NYE - Just the Wife and I with one big ole Porterhouse Steak that I will be cooking outside regardless of how cold it is, shrimp cocktail, baked potato and a bottle of a very good 1999 Rhone Cote Rotie followed by snuggling and probably in bed by 11

Michelle Strbich said...

As a training director, I do a lot of business travel, and I've always bought my luggage at Marshalls. They usually have good deals, and if you dig, you can find quality. My recommendation is going into the "high-rent" Marshalls district (e.g. Lincoln Park location).

NYE - My honey is taking me to The Peninsula on Michigan avenue for black tie affair, dancing and then an overnight stay overlooking Michigan avenue. http://chicago.peninsula.com/

alexis said...

NYE - going down to the Dam I think to see what's goin' on. Too late to go to a party it seems.

Anonymous said...

I bought a cashmere/wool blend overcoat at Macys for $236.25 orig price was $525 :) They had a 50% off sale and I had an additional 10% off coupon.Happy New Year to all Joes blogger buddies!! :~)
Ken

Anonymous said...

NYE -- No clue yet. In fact, I was going to ask you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oops -- "smjgy" is me.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sounds like a nice night in el supremo.....MWrigley and I might go that route too.

Michelle! Wow, sounds like a heck'uv an evening you have lined up!!

What the heck happened dejesus? smjgy?

What's there to do at the dam Alexis? Will there big a big "drop the ball" type celebration?

Nice deal Ken!!

Anonymous said...

Smjgy was the word verification I had to type; I put it as a nickname without thinking about it.