Monday, December 10, 2007

Secret Santa Operation Foiled!

One of my posters, DogBrian, sent me a Secret Santa gift which I received today. If it's a Secret Santa gift, how did I know that it was from DogBrian?? Well, the company sending it, Plow and Hearth, included their name on the shipping sheet as the sender, just above the message about the gift being from my Secret Santa. Not the brightest people working in the shipping department I suspect. That said, they saved me a TON of angst about trying to figure out who sent it, which of course was DogBrian's angle the whole time. An excellent effort.

As el supremo de NM pointed out in the comments yesterday, I didn't tie in MWrigley's burning of the roof of her mouth to events which transpired later on Saturday. Since her mouth was soooo severely burned, she couldn't eat much on Saturday night at the beer bash, the only food there was pizza. So she only had a half of a piece of pizza before having to give up. Drinking, however, was not inhibited by her burns and she was drinking Goose Island with me instead of Miller Lite, so she was subsequently hammered almost beyond recognition by night's end. Sunday, her chosen day to bake about five kinds of cookies for office mates, was not the most pleasant of days as she baked and fought off a hangover. Poor thing. She ended up finishing baking around 1:00 in the morning.

I also forgot to mention that after Delilah's, most of the guys on the softball team headed to Mad River (on the site of the old Brother Jimmy's if you are familiar with the area) for some more beer.......and some dancing. That's right, ol'Joe brought out the dancing shoes, in this particular case they were hiking boots. Now, I wasn't out there for an hour or anything, but we probably danced to about 5-7 songs or so. MWrigley, though hammered, hid it well and was fairly adamant about hitting the dance floor. The things we do for women! Actually, I don't mind dancing as long as they are playing songs that I know and like. Both were happening with great frequency on Saturday, so it was a pretty easy sell to get me on the floor.

Apologies to dejesus freak who was nowhere to be found when we left Delilah's and who had to call and text me three times before I realized someone was trying to reach me. Eventually I was able to communicate our location and he found us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was pretty upset at being stranded. No biggie, though -- it all worked out in the end and I had a *great* time.

Now, however, I'm learning that you and MWrigley were drinking Goose Island while making the rest of us suffer with Miller Lite. Hmmm . . .

I'm really looking forward to the wine tasting tomorrow night. Will I be drinking Night Train, Thunderbird, Boone's Farm, or MD 20/20. We'll see.

;-)

stef said...

OMG. Is there video of you dancing?

alexis said...

dogbrian, not dogbrain?

Anonymous said...

I want to see Joe out there doin' Dancing with the Stars in his hiking boots.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

There is no video of me dancing, thankfully. MWrigley made me look good though.

Yes Alexis, it is indeed DogBrian as in Brian the Dog from Family Guy.

Ya'know, I didn't even realize I was dancing in my hiking boots until afterwards. Kind of funny.