Friday, December 07, 2007

Gay Men: Shitty Drivers??

Here is what I'm giving out for Christmas. Hope you like it!

The other day, after a five inch snowfall, I was heading into the office in my car and was trying to make my way to what I hoped would be snow free arteries. To get there though, I had to head down a side street or two. The first one I turned onto had one relatively apparent problem with it. A car, almost all the way at the end of the the one way street, was trying to get out of it's parking spot but was stuck in the snow. Unfortunately for traffic (me), the car was half in the spot and half out. The clown driving the car, a gay guy according to my gay-dar, was somewhat trying to rock the car in and out of the spot but was hitting the gas wayyyyyy too hard. He wasn't going anywhere and was literally spinning his wheels.

Naturally I got out and pushed his car out, for which he offered thanks. But I couldn't help thinking to myself, what a dope. I must know a dozen women (much less the hundreds of straight men) who would have been able to get their car out of that spot and it led me to ponder the title of my blog. I'd have to say the answer is yes at this point.

My Bears are done. Stick a fork in them. Actually, you could have done this a while ago, but now you can do it and probably be mathematically accurate as well. At a pathetic 5-8, even worse than I thought at the beginning of the year, there are 8 non-division leading teams with a better record. Some of them are 5-7 so those teams could fall into a tie with us, but the reality is that 8-8 is not going to get you into the playoffs this year, even in the bad NFC. My wild card bets are the NY football Giants and the Vikings. Yep, the Vikings. If you can run the ball, you can win games. The Bears can't, so they don't.

Christmas party tonight at a client. Yes that's right, CHRISTMAS. It's not a "holiday" party or an "annual" party, it's a Christmas party. God love 'em for having the balls to not go PC. I'm sure they'll be sued soon enough and I'll lose a client, but at least I'll be going to Christmas parties until then!

MWrigley and I give the Christmas tree shopping a shot tomorrow morning again. It'll be her first tree here in Chicago and she's jacked about it. I get one just about every year and I enjoy it, but there's a little stress in finding a good one. It's sort of like the tree hunt in A Christmas Story........still one of my favorite movies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you come across on bad driver who happens to be gay, and you want to make a stereotype -- or do you know other gay men who are bad drivers?

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one who votes for A Christmas Story

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1689235,00.html

Anonymous said...

ok, try this one.

www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1689235,00.html

Anonymous said...

On to draft picks and who will be your next head coach.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'm all about stereotyping dejesus. :-) Of course it's a huge generalization. It just struck me as a funny title.

Nice link Ricardo!!

Definitely thinking about draft picks el supremo, but I have a feeling that Lovie isn't going anywhere.