Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Bears Quarterback!!

Yessss!!! Ok, I've had this discussion recently with el supremo de NM, yesterday in fact, regarding Lovie Smith. Bears head coach, and his tenure with the Bears. Lovie is under contract for four more years for $5 million per year. That means, with Bears' ownership, that he'll be the head coach for at least three more years. While some people are calling for his head, why am I not upset?

Well, it's fairly simple reasoning actually. For the most part, he thinks and/or acts like a fan. Now, whether he should act this way or not is debatable. Yesterday was the latest example. Lovie named Kyle Orton as the starting quarterback. Now, I would have done this a few weeks ago, but he opted for reinstalling Grossman at that point. Many of the fans I know wanted Orton then, so maybe Lovie wasn't acting completely like a fan, but he at least makes decisive changes like a fan. I'm not going to AGREE with everything a coach does, but it just bugs the crap out of me when what they do makes no sense or it takes forever for them to make a move. Last year, while marching to the Super Bowl, I wouldn't have been playing Grossman because I thought (and still think) that he sucked. But I understand why he was playing Grossman.

Other examples of Lovie's fairly decisive action: splitting carries between Benson and Peterson; benching Grossman relatively early in the season; putting Idonije in at defensive tackle when the rest of the line was ineffective; incorporating Hester into the offense (though he clearly showed he's unable to understand too many plays); using Hester on both punts AND kickoffs; and benching Archuleta. He might take action slower than I would like, but it's not my job on the line either.

(end sports)

On the non-sports front, I was appalled to find out while walking through a BlockBuster the other day that Steven Seagall had another movie out! Who the hell is hiring this ass-clown? His latest is called Urban Justice and I don't even have to tell you what the storyline is because it's THE SAME DAMN STORYLINE AS HIS LAST 30 MOVIES!!!! Unbelievable. Now I find out, according to IMDb, there are three more movies on the way, including one where he plays a guy named Cock Puncher. Yeah, Cock Puncher. I can't make this shit up folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's review the last few seasons --

First, two years ago, Rex was hurt. Orton (and others) sucked, but it was ok because we were all told that Rex will come back next year.

Then Rex came back last year, looked good for a few months, then had folks like Joe screaming for Griese.

Then, this year, Rex is pulled for Griese, who sucks just as badly as Rex. Joe (and others) begin screaming for Orton.

When Rex comes back, Joe keeps screaming for Orton.

Now, Rex is hurt and Orton is the starter. I'm glad, just so they can find out for sure that Orton sucks and that none of the QBs are worth a damn.

The Seagal stuff really cracks me up, though.

alexis said...

hahahah does he also have a mullet in this movie too?

stef said...

LOL. I think a better name would be Donkey Puncher

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually dejesus, Orton didn't suck, he just didn't WIN games for you. He didn't lose them either, something Grossman has failed to avoid. Grossman came back, looked good against vastly inferior North division teams and yes, then had me screaming for Griese (who would have won the Super Bowl). I did not EVER scream for Orton this year however. Griese, for some reason, couldn't beat the Lions, but he played well against the other teams relative to Grossman. After Griese got hurt, I called Orton instead of Grossman, but not instead of Griese. You know what you have in Grossman (shit) so I don't understand why anyone would keep playing him. Orton hasn't played in two years, so I'd prefer to see what he can do. And you may be right, he may suck too, but at least we'll know! That's all I want too!

And that Seagall stuff is funny isn't it?