Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Prediction time

You've been waiting breathlessly for me to make my selection for Sunday haven't you? Okay, probably not, but you have been waiting! Well, wait no more. I actually bet on the Bears while I was in Vegas, so hopefully I didn't jinx them (since I was 9-1 on teams I DIDN'T bet on). And now I will officially predict that the Bears will beat the Colts outright. Who will be the difference makers? On offense, Grossman will have a passer rating over 80 and we will run the ball 35+ times. On special teams, both Robbie Gould and Devon Hester will have big days. On defense, we will have at least two turnovers, but I'm not good enough to predict who will get them. Here's a clue though:

Nothing too crazy or out on a limb. I am on record though! Oh, and the over under last I checked was 48.....I like the under.

While surfing the web the other day, I came across a banner ad for Lowermybills.com. It was on CNN or Yahoo! Finance or something like that. Banner ads don't normally even get on my radar screen, but this one did. How? They had a goose-stepping cheerleader! Swear to God. This cheerleader silhouette was goose-stepping across the ad. Unbelievable. Who is that appealing to by the way? Poor nazis? C'mon site operators, at least look at the crap going up on your site.

After surfing the web, I surfed some tv channels. There I came across the history channel and a blurb about a first century inventor named Heron (AKA Hero of Alexandria). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_alexandria This guy invented all sorts of things, but the aeolipile, see diagram on Wiki's site, is just a short jump away from the piston engine! Imagine if the Greeks had the piston engine 1700 years before it was actually invented and used on steamboats and such. Wow. So close. Even so, his works had a great impact on science and astronomy in the future as well as how I get the occasional can of Pepsi. Yep, he invented the first vending machine as well. His dispensed holy water though, not a stale bag of Doritos.

1 comment:

alexis said...

I can't believe - not a single comment on this totally bizarre/awesome pic?