Friday, January 19, 2007

"Please answer these questions, or we can't take your money."

Had lunch yesterday with dejesus freak back our favorite spot, The Bagel. We even had my favorite waiter, Gus (yes, I finally learned his name!). Actually, dejesus called me up just to see if I wanted soup from The Bagel since he new I was sick and was staying inside mostly. What a nice guy! Who does that? Very considerate.

When dejesus called, I was on the phone with my new money market company, Capital One. I was trying to get the account set up online, but there were several problems along the way. At one point they tell me to get my account number and go through this other link. Fine. "What's my account number?"
"Well, we'll have to ask you some security questions first."
"Fine. Shoot."
"You lived at 3130 North Lakeshore Drive. What city is that in?"
"Chicago." Is that really a "security question"?
"You recently were making payments on a car. What type of car was it?"
"2002 Toyota Camry."
"There is someone in your life named Therese......Kung? Keung?"
"Do you mean Therese Kueng?" (pronounced King)
"Yes. Which age group does she fall into....42-47, 48-53, 54-60, 61-67 or 68-74?"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes."
"Do you know that Therese is my ex-mother in law from over 10 years ago? I didn't know how old she was when I was married to her freakin' daughter!"
"Well, we need an answer."
"Fine, 54-60."
"Ok, the system indicates that you missed a question, so we can't give you your account number today, you'll have to call back tomorrow."
"You're kidding right? You're not going to give me my account number because I don't know how old my ex mother-in-law is?"
"Well all of the questions are from publicly available records."
"Well then how are they 'security' questions? Why ask me something that everyone else knows but me?"
"I'm sorry sir."
"Me too. Goodbye."

Unbelievable. I still don't know the correct answer!

On a lighter note, I'm waffling on the Patriots pick. I read that, Rodney Harrison, one of the cornerbacks might not play and that three of their starters have the flu. That's possibly four starters down or not playing at 100%........that might be enough to swing the game the other way. Tune in tomorrow for my final call on that game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's right ladies -- I'm a prince. :-)

alexis said...

wow, sounds like Capital One has been training its employees in the Dutch way of customer service .

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Prince dejesus...don't get carried away!

I thought you might make an airline reference Alexis after your experience with Denver. Ugh.