Thursday, January 11, 2007

Time to pay the piper

No, my Christmas shopping bill hasn't arrived. The title has to do with it being time to make my football picks for the weekend. As you recall, last weekend I was 4-0. You probably also remember that I predicted a Bears loss. So, how can I, in good conscience, pick the Seahawks knowing that I might get them all right for the second week in a row? I can't. So here are all of my picks for the weekend:

The home teams won all the games last weekend and I'm going that direction again this weekend. The home teams also happen to be the favorites. Ravens over the Colts. The Ravens defense, should be able to stop both Manning and Addai and I can't see the Colts defense playing well two weeks in a row.

New Orleans over Philly. The feel good story of the Saints should continue on to next week. With Lito Sheppard's injury for Philly, their defense backs will be undermanned against a high power throwing offense.

Bears over Seahawks. There I've said it. I mostly believe it too. It's tough to believe that Grossman won't suck again, but I'm drinking the Bears kool-aid and hoping that he won't! Plus I'll be at the game cheering my heart out, so I don't want to cheer against my own record for the weekend.

San Diego over the Patriots. Could be the best game of the weekend, which is why they moved it to the last game of the weekend. Hopefully I'll still be in the parking lot getting loaded on Bears victory fluids and eating charred Seahawk. Belichek could pull off some genius strategy to keep it close, but I think LT is too much and Brady is not enough.

Look for a non-sports entry tomorrow!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

drinking the bear's koolaid, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

You are gonna want some of that special GRAPE Kool-aid by the time the Seahawks are done with the Bears my friend...:P

Anonymous said...

I rather like your sports talk. i do not take the time to keep up on the latest poop, so i appreciate your commentary. I remember the first Blackhawks game i went to, never been to a live game and i was wondering why there was no announcer covering the game, you so generously started doing the play by play out loud for the entire section to hear. Everbody else seemed to enjoy it also.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ahhh g-man, the good old days when I actually knew the players. When I went a couple of weeks ago, I was doing the play-by-play using old players names corresponding to the current numbers. It was pretty funny.

My own sister talking smack. What's up with that?