Sunday, January 07, 2007

Late Saturday Night

This time last week I weighed in at 200 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 192! Steadily throughout the week I've been dropping pounds and was at 194 yesterday morning. My 192 reading today was probably a little misleading because I had a softball game last night that didn't start until 11:30. Yes, 11:30 PM. It didn't finish until 12:30 am and I didn't get home until about 1:30. Anyway, actively that late, especially running around as much as I was probably deflated my weight through water loss.

Actually, most of what I lost this week I imagine is water, but that means it was water that I gained.....more or less. Either way, it's still going to help me be a little light on my feet playing softball. This afternoon I'll go to the gym to keep the muscle mass up.

On my way home from the game at 1:00 AM, traveling about 65 MPH, four souped up Honda Civic's blew by me at about 80-85 MPH (that's about 10,000 KM per hour I think). Nice, I thought, hopefully they'll get into an accident and once again Darwinism will win out. No such luck. Instead, they decided to take up all the lanes by spreading across them and then proceeded to throttle down to 40 MPH. Eventually of course I caught up to them and of course was pissed. A recipe for disaster. I contemplated many things: pulling up close behind them with my brights on, laying on the horn, even pulling up close and bumping one of the punks. Discretion was the better part of valor though and after a few minutes they exited. It's easy to see how a professional athlete in the same situation though, all roided up and with a firearm in their car (and possibly a drink or two in them) could easily turn that situation into something really, really bad.

Let's look at my Saturday game predictions. While Peyton didn't "eat up" the Chiefs, the Colts did indeed win and Peyton played decently. No one predicted the rookie runningback Addai would be the difference. LJ was held to under 40 yards. I didn't predict that, but I knew he wouldn't be enough for KC to win. How do you not get a first down in the entire first half though?

The Dallas/Seattle game was much closer than I thought, mainly because the Seattle defense is a lot worse than I thought. It did come down to a botched play by Romo though and I bet he was thinking about diddling Underwood at the time! Ha!

Joe is 2-0 so far in the playoffs, but I'm wondering now if Seattle CAN beat the Bears. Then I remember how poorly Grossman has played and I think, YEP, they can beat us. I heard today that Grossman had a passer rating over 100 for 7 games (most in the NFL) and had a passer rating under 40 for 5 games (also most in the NFL). Which Grossman will we get next Sunday?

2 comments:

alexis said...

So, does this mean I actually have to watch the Super Bowl this year?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Absolutely!! You should watch every year. You never know when a "Jackson event" is going to happen. Michael might light his hair on fire or Janet will expose her breast. Anything can happen.