Friday, January 26, 2007

Quick Vegas Post

Well, the weather was great here today; 65+ and not a cloud in the sky. But when the sun started to set, the temperature dropped like crazy.....probably 15 degrees easy within 30 minutes. At some points on the golf course, the temperatures would drop 10 degrees on different parts of the hole! Hit from the tee box and it's ok. Go to the fairway to hit your second shot and it's 10 degrees colder. Wow.

That's not why I shot terribly today, but it didn't help. I couldn't hit a putt and drove balls out of bounds....not a recipe for success. Fortunately, I didn't hit a 7 on any hole, so we thought that meant I should play craps tonight (since a 7 on anything but the initial roll is bad). My scores were 3 through 10, but no 7. So on the craps table I did shoot and rolled really well for at least 20 minutes while people made money left and right. However, I ended up down $20 on craps for the night. Black Jack saved me though (over at the Hardrock) where I decided to make a final $100 bet and won. Nice.

So what will $12 buy you in Vegas? Guesses? Here's what I found today: a breakfast buffet at The Mirage, internet access for a day at The Mirage, a sleeve (three balls) of Pro-V1's and or a Caesar salad at Stack (a restaurant at The Mirage). The buffet is really the only one of the three that's worth it.

Golfed today at a course that replicates holes from courses in England. It was pretty cool. I'll post pictures when I get back. Tomorrow, Friday, we play what is supposed to be a fantastic course that is only.....ONLY.....$300 a round. Holy shit. If I play lousy, it's $3 a shot. That ain't right. I could get some generic well drinks for that price!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...$3.00 a shot??? OMG, I would like to know what the house edge is on that bet???

alexis said...

wow,I'm only now beginning to realize how much golf that is! Something must be wrong with me, as it actually is starting to sound like fun.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually Alexis, three days in a row is really a stretch, even for someone like me and especially when you throw in late nights of drinking and such!!