Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Delayed Winter

Still sick today, though a little better than yesterday. When I woke up this morning, I thought I'd be able to be productive, but then one of my business partners called and I could barely focus on what he was saying. That led to a trip to the sofa and a nap, which seems like overkill after sleeping 10 hours last night (thank you NyQuil!!).


Late last week the cold air and snow came to Chicago and the cold has remained. Mid January is a fine time to start winter in my book, in fact, it could wait a little longer. Weather across the country is screwy though and some of it has been caught on film. My buddy Rich sent me this link. The video is absolutely hysterical!! It looks like the first guys never steps off the gas! http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_011607ORNstorm_portlandLJ.46895f63.html


Yesterday, while wandering the dizzying aisles of the Jewel-Osco searching for Puffs with Aloe (they just rearranged the store and have me all confused), I ran across the child of an old friend. Not a real kid though.....it was baby T-Rex Rat trap!!! They are used for catching for mice instead of rats and are pretty adorable. These look much closer to T-Rex than the one at the store, but the store children are beige too.

Also, I've opted to open a "money market" account with Capital One. It's really a high yield savings account, but it works basically the same way. Check off another resolution on the list!

3 comments:

alexis said...

get well soon! Tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 14 degrees here in January (that's 57 F) - crazy weather all around.

Anonymous said...

I completely disagree with your view of winter. The cahgne of seasons are good for the soul. You can 1). sit by the fireplace with a special one, sip a hot tottie and relax, 2). enjoy the beauty of the snow (o.k, so it does get a little ugly when the dirt accumulates) 3). Throw snowballs at cars 4). build snowmen 5). Go skiing 6). Consume our precious natural resources (oops, did I write that?)

you get the idea. Enjoy it while it's here!

Ricardo

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Let's see: 14*2=28+32=60 yep, so 57 is about right. Can you believe I even know how to do that conversion Alexis?

Ricardo, I'll go along with the change of seasons....as long as it's summer to fall to spring, or if there's a redefined "winter" where it's only 40 or so. Next week it's going to hit a high in the teens. I don't need that.