Friday, February 02, 2007

Holiday Heart

A good name for a movie or a novel huh? Not the case though. Much to the chagrin of my dinner friends from last night who chastised me mercilessly, Holiday Heart is indeed a medical condition. Here's the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiday_heart_syndrome


I expect to see the apologies in the comment section of this blog!
The topic came up when discussing staying up all night, a feat which I have only undertaken and accomplished three times in my life and they were on consecutive days at a bachelor party in Vegas. Upon my arrival home, my heart would beat uncontrollably (not that you normally have control over it) and it felt like maybe I was going to have a heart attack......at the ripe old age of 38. A few days later I was at a fundraiser and met a heart doctor. After determining that he was a nice guy, I asked him about my potential heart ailment. He said it was probably just Holiday Heart and since it seemed to be mostly better already, if it wasn't completely gone by the next week to give him a call. It was so I didn't. However, my dining partners last night thought this was the craziest thing they've heard (until I told the stories about some recent dates I've had) and were convinced that the doctor was just placating me. Ha...looks like I got the last laugh!

Yesterday I read on the web somewhere that Halle Berry's father was Fred Berry. Anyone remember Fred Berry without checking out the picture below? That's right, he was Fred "Rerun" Stubbs from the hit show "What's Happening?" I thought that seemed unlikely, but they did have the same last name. After a little research, very little in fact, I found out it was not true. Interesting proposition though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can neither confirm nor deny my participation in the ridiculing of your "Holiday Heart." Therfore, I will not be able to issue an apology!

Anonymous said...

Your entire defense was based on the concept that this "holiday heart" syndrome was caused by a weekend without sleep. That is not what your "research" proves. It's a condition caused by BINGE DRINKING AND ALCOHOLISM! Well, here you go: I'm sorry that you are such a lush.

ps - There is already a movie called Holiday Heart. Here's the tag line: "A drag queen faces her toughest act ever. Fatherhood." Too bad. That was the idea behind our next feature.

o o
\_/

pps - hope your hip is better

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh my goodness! I get called out during a dinner, which I'm buying mind you, with my supposed friends and I can't even get an apology when I'm proven right!

Ricardo, you were a bit toasty so maybe you can get a pass.....but you were just as guilty!

JJ, what do you think I was doing in Vegas staying up all night? Drinking water? Red Bull and vodka's, that's the only way I COULD stay up all night, and ultimately what caused my Holiday Heart.

Damn drag queens.