Monday, February 05, 2007

Ugh

That's about the 30th time I've written "ugh" today (31). It's really the only word to describe how I feel after the Super Bowl showing by the Bears. It would be easy for me to wax on and on about stats and reasons why, but that's not going to change anything and will only make interesting reading to a few of you. That said, if you told me Grossman would be 20 of 28 passing for 165, Jones would run for 112 yards, Hester would return a kick for a touchdown and it would rain pretty much the entire game, I would have bet you just about anything that the Bears would have won. The interceptions and fumbles came at inopportune times though and they really weighed on the defense in the end.

Yesterday was quite a busy day with all the cooking I had to do and making sure I had some last minute things. Here's a bit of advice, don't go to the grocery store at any point on Super Bowl Sunday. It was a madhouse! Fortunately I only had three things or so to get, so I was able to go through the express self-checkout line. Since I was putting everything together myself (cooking, cleaning, setting up the betting games, etc) I needed all of the time to prepare before guests started showing up. As it was, I barely made it!

On the cooking front, we had my three pepper chili (not as hot as usual though) and beef sandwiches as the main courses. As appetizers, I made bacon wrapped shrimp, dates and figs, mini bagel dogs, guacamole and chips, and vegetables and dip. Almost everything was eaten! I forgot about the bag of wings that I had and was going to heat up. Probably better off for everyone.

Again I forgot to take pictures, but someone was snapping them at the end of the evening so I'll try to get a hold of them. 261 days until the season starts again and I think 10 days until pitchers and catchers report. This loss will hurt for a while though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your UGH my friend. As much as I respect Lovie for sticking with Grossman through the year, it is obvious that he is not the guy to take them to the next level. Not blaming the game on him, it was clearly a team loss, however a stable consistant presence is needed. That's over, havn't checked in on the blog in a while, Too many people with too much money demanding too much of my time. I'll try to get my priorities straight.

alexis said...

at least you had food (and no mention but I can guess from the "ugh"s) and drink of quality to distract you from the dismal game.

Anonymous said...

Bad Rex, Bad Rex, go lay down, Bad Bad Rex!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Now that's funny stuff Bee. He was a dog on Sunday.

G-Man, would Brian Griese really had been any worse? I can't imagine.

Yes Alexis, there was indeed plenty of drink. Actually though, during the game, I didn't get that bad. It was mostly after the game.