Sunday, February 25, 2007

Still in Tampa, thankfully.

Monday is a travel day for me, but I thought I'd fire off a quick update on the weekend. The weather was gorgeous here in Tampa....mostly in the upper 70's and sunny during the day and a little chilly for sleeping at night. Good stuff. Chicago is experiencing some snow and a ton of flight delays and cancellations. Looks like we picked a good week to hit Florida!!

The short story on the tournament is that we only lost to one team that we didn't also beat and that we ended up tied for 5th place out of 25 teams from around the country and Canada (one team). We were 2-1 against Florida teams, beat a team from New Jersey, a team from Maryland and then won one more game. We lost to a team from Taylorville, NC 10-8 in which they scored 8 unearned runs in one very bad defense inning for just one or two people on our team. It was our fifth game on the day, which combined with the sun, heat and humidity made our tournament pretty respectable. More on the games tomorrow!!

8 comments:

alexis said...

wow, that actually sounds like... fun. glad you weren't affected by the weather.

stef said...

my basement flooded. So you win in my book. Unless your basement is flooded when you get home....

Anonymous said...

Congradulations. I hope this bodes well for an even better season this year

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks all. It was a really fun trip, the third big trip for our team, and we're looking forward to making some serious noise nationally as a team this year.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that sounds great. Did you fit some pool time in? I'm writing from (equally) cold Boston where I find myself this week. I hope my basement isn't flooded when I return. What do you do if this happens?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey Lonestar. Boston huh? Not nearly as nice as Dallas I'm sure.

The most important thing to do is make sure you get the water out as quickly as possible. I'd suggest having your renter check it out and rent a shop-vac if necessary. Vacuum up the water first. If there's carpeting, you'll probably have to tear it up and replace it as well as the padding, it just depends on how much water is down there. You may only have to replace the padding (I've done this in my basement twice). Hopefully it didn't impact your basement though and if it did, you don't have carpeting down there.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, almost forgot, yes I was able to hit the pool most every day. There was a nice swimming pool and a hot tub outside as well. I realized that most of my team is not in good shape at all!!!

Anonymous said...

No renter anymore to use a shop-vac...I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Pool and hot tub sound great after all that softball. I miss the Dallas hot tub but that's about it. Boston's okay, I met old friends and their son for dinner tonight, nice. Ok, welcome back and have a great week, (to you and everyone here on your blog!)