Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Plot to Keep Us Fat!

I have stumbled upon a plot, an international conspiracy as it were, the likes of which we have not seen since Pearl Harbor or Iran Contra. The plot has probably been in development for years, as near as I can figure, but I stumbled upon it only recently during my current weight loss exercise (still down about 10 pounds by the way).

As many of you know, I've been on a reduced calorie diet: burn off more than I take in is the plan. The core of that plan are Lean Cuisines. For breakfast I have cereal usually and then a LC for lunch and one for dinner. The diet started in early January, when many diets start. The LC's I bought were $2 a piece (though advertised as 5 for $10). So for $20, I'd have lunch and dinner every business day for a week! Not bad. If only it would stay that way.

The other day I went to the store to buy some LC's for lunch. However, the cost was now $3.66 a piece, almost twice what I was paying!! So after Nestle (a Swiss company) hooks you with the low price right after New Year's resolutions, they double the price. Naturally a good chunk of people are going to stop buying the LC's and gain back all of the weight they just lost. What a scam!! The Swiss are not as neutral as they first appear.

Game time! Today I went up north to get my car's brakes replaced and some other stuff done. It was going to take a few hours, so after doing some work in the waiting room (free wi-fi), I headed out for lunch. Which place did I go to and why? Pick one place and one reason why. The answer is at the bottom of yesterday's blog:

a) Taqueria El Norte
b) White Hen
c) Hella's Gyros
d) Habeebi's Middle Eastern Cuisine
e) Franko's Pizza


1) looked clean
2) seems like the ethnic fare of the neighborhood
3) next door to the dealership
4) diet friendly
5) had a two for one special

Pick one letter and one number!

2 comments:

alexis said...

good for you! I miss little dives like that here.

Anonymous said...

That's a really odd reason, Joe. FWIW, I guess the right location but the wrong reason (I went with location, location, location). Then again, isn't that the same reason?