Sunday, December 10, 2006

Up and down Sunday

Before I launch into my Sunday, here's my $20 Christmas tree:


Not bad, but I should have bought a slightly taller one I think. Oh well, next year maybe.

Non-Bear's home game Sundays means church at 10:30. Today was going to be more interesting though because my buddy Rich and his wife were going to be there which is rare indeed! Their reason for attending? They have a cottage up north and their neighbors (whom I've met) were in town and they are pretty religious. Anyway, I digress. So after mass we all went for a very nice lunch/brunch at The Harmony Grill, which I highly recommend.

So that was all positive. This afternoon, while putting something away in my storage closet, I opened the door and it hit a floor lamp, knocking it over and breaking it. Ugh. One for the negative side.

After doing some grocery shopping (kind of a negative), I came home to find a brand new drill outside my door (like Christmas!). My upstairs neighbors had borrowed my drill and then it got stolen from their friend's car, so they bought me a new one.

Then I wrote out some Christmas cards (nice to accomplish something today!), but realized after an hour or so that I was only halfway done! Ugh again. (yes, I realize that I'm blessed to have so many friends, so it's not completely lost on me.)

Finally, I checked on my fantasy football team since this is the first week of playoffs. I had two defenses to choose between, and I picked the wrong one. But the wide receivers I picked were top notch! But then I had three good quarterbacks to choose from and the one I chose, performed the worst of the three. Ugh. But my worst one, was still as good as my opponents quarterback, Peyton Manning! So good again. My opponent has Desmond Clark going for the Bears on Monday night, so cheer for the Bears, but not Des Clark!

I'm telling you, it was just a roller coaster day. Hopefully your Sunday was slightly smoother.

Oh, one last thing since a commercial just came on the TV. Have you seen this crazy-ass Playstation 3 commercial with a baby doll sitting in an empty white room except for a Playstation box sitting on a chair? It's just freakin' scary. The baby starts crying and the camera focuses on its eyes and they light on fire and then the baby gives off this crazy, demonic laugh. Yikes. I hate that commercial.

5 comments:

alexis said...

bit of a crazy Sunday - thought about switching jobs in the morning, saw the job description in the afternoon, did the math and realized the combination of the job not being a good fit and the compensation being decimated by Dutch taxes left me in a funk that evening.

Anonymous said...

Nice tree there Charlie Brown...
It looks really good right next to that small evergreen bush by the window..

Anonymous said...

Charlie - Do you have to sit on the floor to decorate that thing?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wait a minute you two! First of all, it's a 6' tree and second, I don't think EITHER of you have ANY tree up at all in your homes, so where do you get off dissing my tree? Ingrates.

Alexis, that's a shame on the job front. Was that within the company or a new position entirely? It's not all about money, as I'm sure you know.

Anonymous said...

nice tree block head. I think you must have measured with one of those metric rulers, if thats 6' then i'm a drunken packer fan.