Sunday, December 24, 2006

Nostradamus I am not, but almost

The party marathon is over! When this long journey began back on December 5th, I remarked that come Christmas I would either be dead or a father. Well, I'm still alive and to the best of my knowledge, I am NOT a father. It has been fun though and not only did I meet some new people, I renewed many friendships and even found a new bar to hang out in. So it was a pretty good 20 days.

Last night was the final event, this one with my softball team. After rolling home from the suburbs at close to 3:00 a.m., it's amazing that I'm capable of typing and we'll see if I stay awake for midnight mass or not. Two interesting things about last night. First, I was never more aware of the age difference between me and my teammates that actually go out drinking. Not because of stamina or drinking habits or anything like that, but because of their frugality. Now, they are mostly in their 20's, so I can completely understand. They haven't had 20 years of working behind their bank account like I have so things like a $9 cover charge is a slightly more significant expenditure to them than it is to me.

Second, I found a new food to snack on after drinking if you don't have chips or pretzels or the like: mission figs! Yeah, I know, sounds insane, but they were really good. The figs were in the house because I wrap them in bacon for my tailgate. A pretty good late night snack let me tell you!

Hopefully you were able to watch the Bears game today because it was a good one. The Bears won 26-21 over a very bad Detroit Lions team. If you recall, I predicted a Lions victory and they almost pulled it out. The Lions wide receiver had the ball in his hands in the endzone with no time left and dropped it.....again.....for the fifth time in the game. Ugh for him.

Since there hasn't been any comments on my last two postings, I fear my readers are happily celebrating the holiday weekend as opposed to reading, so I'll keep this entry short. Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments: