Monday, December 18, 2006

It's only day 12....Good Lord, I may not make it!

Alive and kicking, yes, but barely. Ugh, the things that were coughed up from my lungs this morning should not be viewed by any human and I probably should have saved them for donation to the Smithsonian. A day off today was helpful, but talking on the phone is almost impossible (as much a product of yelling at the Bears' lousy defense yesterday as it was from coughing).

As you know, I am in the midst of a 17 day marathon where I don't have two consecutive days without a social activity of some kind that involves alcohol. Well, the 17 days has now been extended to 19 days with a party on the 23rd proposed by my softball team which plays on Saturdays. It's also my father's 70th birthday! Should be quite a day! Anyway, I thought I was making progress, but I just added two days to the marathon. Oh well, at least people like me enough to invite me places. How's that for staying positive? :-)

Tuesday night I'm seeing "Wicked" again. Should be fun. The person ultimately responsible for me meeting frequent poster Alexis and her dad (one of my current business partners) is back from Australia for the holidays and organized the night. I'm looking forward to seeing her again as well as the show.

Here are two pics from the tailgate yesterday. A lot of good food the beverages were tasty. Had a little scare when the car wouldn't start after we packed it up including stuffing four guys in the back and two women (they work the beer stand near my seats) in the front who needed a ride to their remote lot parking. Fortunately, one of the three or four cars left in the lot was willing to come over and give my car a jump.
















A television decision was been made!! Like "that sweater", the television I've selected isn't the cheapest or even a mid level really, it's a higher priced, higher performing set that should really "fit" me well. The winner is the Pioneer 50" Plasma PDP-5071HD. It's well regarded and I saw one at Best Buy that really blows the other options away. Now I can see if I can find it for less money somewhere!!

Today I ran out of gift options and am running out of time, so I had to go with some gift cards. I apologize in advance! I know, I'm a bad person.

What are you doing on New Year's Eve? I'd like to hear how normal people are spending the night. I've been invited to three parties and have Bears/Packers tickets during the day, so it's going to be another crazy day!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gift cards do not make you a bad person, they make you a busy person...and frankly I happen to like them. New Years Eve we are going to be with a small group of friends from our Martial Arts school and likely ring in the New Year playing Taboo, I love that game when slightly smashed!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine is inviting Glo and I and another couple to his house where he has hired a chef to prepare a 5 course meal with matching wines...Urpp

Anonymous said...

I will invite all our friends over for some good food, good conversation and perhaps a game or two. Hopefully both of them can make it.

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT!!! Where are you? no post since Monday and it's Wednesday...
I need my fix, dammit Joe, where are you??? *sniff* =(

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I like the plans people! Allright! Sorry bee, finally updated with another post. My bad.