Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

...if you're in Denver, but certainly NOT in Chicago. A balmy 40+ today with rain. I'm very excited about global warming and the possibility of my Chicago condo becoming beach front property in the next 20 years or so. Sweet!! Seriously, if it got down into the 40's in Chicago in the winter and never snowed, I really wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Two gifts have still not arrived! Arrgggghhh! Sure, I bought them online last weekend, but I'm starting to get a bit antsy. They are the last two gifts and, of course, they are both for the same person. Crap. Well, I still have today, tomorrow and Saturday to receive them. Here's hoping!!!

A fun night last night with a young lady, though poor planning on my part led us to a Mexican restaurant with a carafe of margaritas. What am I having tonight? Basically the same thing at a different restaurant. Oh well, no one ever claimed I was bright. The food, company and service were all pretty darn good though.

Football predictions are not my forte, but I'm going out on a limb this week and picking against the Bears who are playing at Detroit. I'm sure you're thinking one of two things: "Joe, you traitor!!" or "Joe, the Lions suck. How can the Bears lose to them?" Well, in response to the first thought, no, I'm a big fan but also a realist. In response to the second thought, yes, the Lions do suck 2-12 I believe. However, the Lions have nothing to play for so this is their Super Bowl. They also have a guy at QB who, while not stellar, throws the ball all over the field, a weakness of the Bears exploited last week by the leagues worst throwing team. With the Bears only playing 100% healthy players and already having wrapped up home field throughout the playoffs, this game has "trap" written all over it. Additionally, Lions fans are planning to leave their seats sometime in the fourth quarter, meet in one designated area and then start chanting "Fire Millen", the general manager of the Lions. The players may banned together and try to play well since Millen is an ex-player and generally seems like a good guy.

Due to anonymous comment postings, I changed my settings so you have to register to post comments. Registering isn't problematic I don't think and shouldn't take but a few seconds. You'll save time by having your screen name dropped in automatically when you post comments.

Finally, I made the comment to someone the other day that they would know about a particular topic in my life if they would only read my blog. They actually said, "I would, but there are so many words."

3 comments:

Bee said...

Geez! Hope it isn't my present! by the way, it is spelled 'antsy'

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Damn! I can't believe I misspelled that. I even tried to search on the correct spelling, but I was so far away that nothing was coming up! Too funny.

alexis said...

white x-mases and snow in general are highly overrated.