Sunday, April 03, 2011

Late to the party

Recently, too recently to mention, I've started online banking. Yep, welcome to the new millennium Mr. Sutton. There wasn't a reason that I wasn't doing the banking, other than the attraction of the status quo. My banks were late in communicating the availability and when it comes to electronics, I'm not an early adopter....that doesn't excuse the 5-6 year delay in joining the crowd.

So far it's been pretty easy and as I add vendors to the various bank accounts and banks (condo building bank account and my personal account), it should get easier. There are no stamps involved and I can set up recurring payments very easily. Now almost all of my expenses either get paid by direct withdrawal, automatic credit card charge or online banking. Good stuff. Working smarter, not harder!!

Outback Steakhouse has a new way of cooking their steaks: Wood Grill. So instead of the grilling in butter and seasoning, they add just salt and pepper and grill it over wood (I'm guessing). So I told them to hold the salt and pepper too and then add the blue cheese crust. Yum. And their sweet potatoes are pretty tasty too. Unfortunately I had their blue cheese and pecan salad, thinking it had less sodium than the Caesar salad and I was wrong. Damn. Interestingly, the Aussie Fries they server have less sodium that all of their salads and not by a little...by a ton! Only 100 mgs of sodium in the fries while the house salad with ranch has 675 (very little sodium in the ranch dressing oddly enough). And blooming onions, while not good for you in any sense of the word "good", are very tasty....especially when they are free!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

I guess now that you're banking online it's only a matter of time before you trade in your mule and cart for some flashy new fangled mode of transit - like a bicycle perhaps or something with a motor?

terri said...

I'm surprised you've just started doing online banking. I thought you were the techie type.