Thursday, April 07, 2011

It's just a muscle

So let's say you somehow manage to strain your trapezius muscle (the muscle on your upper back behind your shoulder). And let's say that you're taking a long flight to Europe tomorrow. Do you: A) rest it, take ibuprofen, hydrate and get a quick massage orrrrrrr B) do those things (except rest it) and then go lift weights at the gym? Yep, I opted for the latter. (Un)fortunately, many of my exercises do not focus on the trapezius, so it really didn't impact my workout very much. There's one exercise that is focused on the trapezius, so I just skipped that exercise. The reason I really wanted to work out is because A) it's been effective as of late and B) I'll be traveling for a week and I'm not sure how much working out I'll be doing.

There's also no sure way of knowing how much internet access I'll have, so blogging could be sketchy. I'm going to bring a computer and there is wifi in the hotel in Berlin, but it's 10 Euros a day. They have a business center though, so I'm hoping I can access the internet (free) as needed from there.....and some beer gardens that I have in mind (Schleusenkrug and Prater Garten).

Anyone been to Berlin and have a must see? Not so much in the museum realm of things, but more along the beer garden, deli (like Rogacki) or other such fun place that locals might attend often. Locals don't go to the museum....at least in their own towns. Isn't that true?

2 comments:

terri said...

I hate the trapezius muscle. I didn't know the name of it before you described it. That's the one I always pull. No idea how that happens.

alexis said...

we had a really good hotdog in Berlin but I suspect that's not going to be the first thing you go after... :D