Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More observations

One thing I failed to mention was that my 3 day pass on all public transportation cost 22 Euros or about $30. It's not a great deal by any stretch, but since the trains, above and below ground, trams and buses are all included, I would recommend it if visiting here for 3-4 days. A single 2 hour trip is 2.5 Euro I think, so I'd go through at least 3 of those a day if not more.

Nobody here wears baseball hats. Not necessarily hats with baseball logos, (duh, they don't really play baseball over here) but any kind of baseball style hat. I just took the train across town, walked several blocks, came back and probably saw three hats the whole time. That's just odd. I have no idea why it is.

Thank goodness for Starbucks. Not for the quality of the coffee, though it is good, but for the quantity. For 2.3 Euros, I can get a 16 oz cup of coffee. You can't get near that for twice the price at any coffee shop around here. AND I can get it to go!! Nice.

All you English types out there, come ride the trains here. You'll notice there are gaps between the train exit doors and the platforms. The Germans though realize this and don't need to be reminded to "mind the gap" at every stop. Get with the program England.

Our hotel doesn't have any wash clothes. Why? LL said her hotel in Paris didn't have them either. I sure hope that isn't common in Europe, though it would explain the cleanliness issue that I often run into with the residents. Though I have to say, that has not been the case with this trip. Granted, it's not hot or even warm, so maybe all of the stink is just hibernating.

Mind you, I'm having fun over here! I just like to point out some things that are positive and negative about the places I visit for the benefit of those who can't/haven't been here. For example, remember my entry on Mackinac Island?

One other thing I really like is that there are fresh, warm pretzels just about everywhere for .65 Euro (about $1). Just delicious.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I don't know about you but with the dollar to Euro value so low this time (compared to when I was over last September), it just made the prices really tough to absorb.

alexis said...

I do love the bretzels! One of the main reasons we are going to Munich in May :)