Monday, April 04, 2011

Some softball news

So there was some softball news from this weekend. Though I had more church classes on Saturday, the team had a maximum of two games and if they won at least one, they would be playing on Sunday. They did indeed win one (1-1), so we started with batting practice at 8 a.m. in Joliet, which is about an hour away, so Sunday morning was indeed an early morning.

The day started off cold and windy and stayed that way while we were playing our three games. Yep, we went 2-1 on Sunday for a relatively nice tournament, though we lost our last game 10-9 and should not have lost.

Fortunately though, my batting streak continued! With a huge sample size of four games, I'm 13 for 14 in the first game of the day. Not too shabby. Our team has gone 2-2 in those games, so we weren't playing bad teams. Actually, I'm not sure what the reason is other than I can make sure I'm completely ready for that first game, but then a bunch of other things come into play for the rest of the games that can influence success. On Sunday though everything continued clicking and I was 9 for 10 for the day with my second triple of the year. Not too shabby.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Do you think your success in batting this season has to do with your rigorous off season conditioning work?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'd like to think it has something to do with the offseason, but it's probably just a coincidence. 4 games is the start of a trend though so we'll see.