Friday, April 16, 2010

Ugh.

Well, I had a great topic earlier in the evening to write about, but then I went drinking and to watch the Blackhawk's game. They lost 4-1 with two empty net goals, so I'm a bit down. Ugh.

Today I ran for 2 miles again and took a nice sphitz. Not sure if that's how you spell it, but it's basically sitting in a steam room for a bit. Anyway, it was a good workout and tomorrow I go back to the gym to hit the weights. With PT, I'm now working out 4 days a week in an effort to 1) get back into softball shape and 2) lose some weight. While I was essentially immobilized after surgery, my mouth was apparently NOT immobilized as I put on about 5 pounds. At the end of last year I wanted to LOSE 5 pounds, so that puts me 10 pounds overweight now. Crap. Well, I'm working on it!!

This weekend is the first softball tournament that I actually would have wanted to play in. It's in Rockford which is 90 minutes away, but the weather is nice and the guys on that team are pretty fun (I actually play on two teams, but a lot of guys play on both teams). The fields there are decent as I recall, which is why I would want to play. Oh well, next month seems like a sure thing for my return. In both PT and after PT, I've been able to do some light tossing with balls of various weights (4 lbs in PT and basically a tennis ball afterwards). It's all good!

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

If the Blackhawks put a Cubs and tank early, that's it. No more rooting for any Chicago team. Except the White Sox.

deJesusFreak said...

shvitz

terri said...

I'm sure you'll be back in action on the ball field before you know it.