Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Go Cubs, Go!

Today, despite being the day before my taxes are due (or before I have to file my extension), I headed to the Cubs game. Normally I don't go to any game in April because the weather just sucks. Yeah, yeah, I know the weather is far colder for Bears games, but something about watching baseball in cold weather rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I don't like to PLAY baseball in the cold either, but playing football in the cold never really bothered me.

Fortunately, the weather was killer awesome today!! It started off a bit cold, but it warmed up nicely and I didn't even need a coat. In fact, I may have gotten a bit of a sun burn! Since our seats were in the shade, the burn happened BEFORE the game. My buddy and I were meeting at Goose Island Brewery, so I got there early and got a table on the patio out back. It was still about 2 hours before the game, so I had my pick of tables and chose one in the sun for maximum warmth. It backfired a bit as I got too warm and had to take off my shirt and go with just my undershirt for a while.





Here's the set up at Goose Island and my first beer. Yum.

















And here is the view from our seats. Nice! Third row in the upper deck. Cubbies won 7-6 in a great come from behind win in which they scored 4 runs in the 8th!

No comments: