Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Tax Day

Well, I hope you all got your taxes filed by today or at least filed for an extension. Happily, I did the latter as usual. Could I have got them done in time and reviewed? Sure. But really, what's the point? Since I pay estimated taxes, even if I'm getting a refund, it just lowers the amount that I turn over. Much less stress this way and if I'm anything, I'm all about reducing stress.

Had lunch today with a woman who used to work with me at Morningstar some.....15 years ago or so. It was one of my few experiences of having a meal with little kids. She's got a 5 and 3 year old who are both very good kids, but they are kids. It was really tough to have any type of in depth conversation about anything when the kids were not eating, not chewing, not drinking, drinking too much, throwing crayons, not coloring, coloring things other than the coloring book, etc. She handled them pretty well though and I realized I'm pretty far away from mentally being able to handle two kids at once. Probably after you have one kid, you get used to what you need to do and the second isn't as difficult as it seems. She did give me the advice to travel and do whatever I wanted BEFORE I have kids, because they pretty much just take over.

It was another beautiful 80+ degree day here and that's outstanding for April. It seems like last year we didn't get an 80 degree day until July!!

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I'm sure that Stef would be willing to let you take hers for short periods so you could start practicing. You could think of it like your PT. Slowly working your way up and increasing your capabilities and capacity.

terri said...

It's amazing how your brain and level of patience accommodate for the experience of having kids. Nothing is the same after kids, but you get used to it and actually come to like it quite a bit too. And hopefully you can have them just one at a time :-)