Wednesday, April 21, 2010

(In)vested

Most of my adult life I have owned vests. Not like hunting vests or anything, just vests that you throw on when it's a little chilly, but you don't need a coat. Actually, I haven't been sure when the hell you wear these things. Mind you, I've owned probably....10 vests over the last 20 years. Pullovers, zippers, golfing vests, more insulated, less insulated....all kinds. Most of them I've won or be given through golf events of some kind. This year, finally, I've found the beauty of the vest. The weather has been in the low 50's and the vest is perfect with a warm shirt to keep me completely warm enough. A coat or jacket is still in my repertoire, believe me, but I've been wearing a zipper up vest which I received for Christmas I believe, and it's pretty dang nice.

Either this weekend or next weekend, I'll be hitting the softball field to catch some ground balls, do some more light throwing and hopefully hit off a tee. Let's hope the weather (and my shoulder) cooperates!!!

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

I love vests

They're very European :)