Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crazy hectic Monday

Missed my post last night, but topped it off with missing a 7 a.m. meeting this morning because I set my alarm for an hour later than necessary. I blame the hectic Monday I experienced. It seemed like it was going to be fine, but then blew up.

Around 10 a.m. I left the house to get a car wash, the first of several errands I needed to do before a noon meeting at the local branch of a national charity. If you get your car in before 10:30, it's only $7. When I arrived at the car wash, I was greeted with a line of cars 5 deep and a sign that reminds me I have to be "in the building" at 10:30 to get the discount. Fortunately I just made it in, got the car all clean looking and headed to the emissions center.

Every other year or so I have to get the car tested at the emissions center. It passed with flying colors and the process was quick. Then a stop and the bank and post office and it was time for my meeting. They serve lunch during the meeting, so that was covered too.

An hour and fifty minutes into the two hour meeting, it was brought up that the budget for next year beginning in July was short a half million dollars and they were looking to me as the investment subcommittee chair, to reallocate our investments to maximize interest and cover the short fall, though they didn't want to do anything crazy. They basically wanted me to triple the interest income!! Ugh. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Right after the meeting, I headed out to the burbs to pick up LL's dog from her parents who are heading out of town themselves. The hand-off went smooth and I was back home by 5. Unfortunately, that's when my work started. There was a flurry of emails with the charity CFO not to mention catching up on communications for the day. I headed to bed early, but messed up with the alarm....and so starts my Tuesday.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Ooo Ooo Ooo - they sound ready for a Ponzi investment.

alexis said...

dude, you are the busiest retired guy I know.