Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Busy work days

ESDNM was in town Monday and Tuesday, so there was a lot of work going on and I was too tired to post.

Here's the baseball play of the year entered in by White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle. Opening day and it's already at least a finalist for play of the year.

Have you seen Miley Cyrus recently? She looks stoop shouldered to me. She was just on an episode of Jimmy Kimmel, which I Tivo, and someone should really straighten out her shoulders before she ends up with a hump!

Here's a situation for you: a friend of mine received a call the other day from.......an FBI agent. Out of the blue! The agent said, "Don't worry, no one is in trouble. We just want to have lunch with you. How's your schedule the next few days?"

What would you do? My friend has a neighbor who is a friend and a lawyer. So he asks the lawyer whether he should go to lunch with this guy. The lawyer said, "Nothing good will come of a meeting with the FBI." It's true! If no one is in trouble, wouldn't everyone be getting asked to lunch by the FBI at some point? I haven't been asked to lunch yet, so it seems suspicious to me.

I'm intrigued to see how it all turns out. I'll let you know.....if I can.

4 comments:

terri said...

Miley Cyrus has been questioned on her posture and her response was something like, "It's just the way my body is." So she's apparently saying she's not capable of straightening up.

I'd be seriously suspicious of being asked to lunch by the FBI! Sounds shady to me.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks Terri! Having daughters makes you a reliable source of information on certain topics. :-)

alexis said...

who knows - are they really the FBI???

Mike said...

I know this was written a while back, but I was caching up on ol' De-I's posts and was directed here.

My posture has always been atrocious as well. I constantly have to remind myself to sit up straight.

Not sure I'd want to have lunch with the FBI either. I'd be wondering what they already knew about me.