Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stories I've read recently

The other day I saw a story on the news about the waste involved with the Yellow Pages, White Pages, Yellow Book and other phone books. Seriously, other than as a booster seat for a kid, when was the last time you actually used a phone book?? Anyway, it turns out that you can opt-out of receiving them. Here's the opt out links for Yellow Book and Dex Knows Yellow Pages.

There was a good story in the Tribune today about salt intake, but I couldn't find a link to the actual story. However, I did find this link to the L.A. Times graphic which was pretty interesting as well.

Why are Americans so unhealthy? Start with this story and then go to this story. Pretty much sums it up!

2 comments:

terri said...

Good to know you can opt out of the phone books. I put my straight in the recycling bin.

Stef said...

Hmmmm. This is odd, but I don't think I've ever even tried a sardine.