Thursday, April 22, 2010

Late Start, Could be Bad.

The Blackhawks started their post-season play on Friday the 16th, even though their last game of the season was on Sunday the 11th (I know because I was there). Every other playoff series started on Wednesday or Thursday and only the Hawks started on Friday. Now that they are in a dogfight with the Nashville Predators (down 2-1), I'm thinking about what happens if they pull the series out and move onto the second round. They have to go at least to game six at this point and likely will have to go to game seven if they win at all. Their late start and long first round though, might cost them a day or two of rest going into the second round. Sure, they COULD have won four games straight and it wouldn't be a problem, but they didn't and it could be an issue for them. Just interesting to me that only ONE team started later than everyone else.

Yesterday was my running day and I decided to step it up a notch. Though I kept my speed at the lower speed (10% below what I was running at last Fall), I decided to up my time running from 20 to 25 minutes, a 25% increase. For three one minute intervals, I went back to my faster pace. The run went really well! The increased time, not coincidentally, resulted in a 25% increase in distance too. Good stuff!!!

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

Could it be:

Blackhawks = Cubs