Monday, June 04, 2007

Well sure, I COULD do that, but that would be easy.

As you know, I have sink problems. What has made the problem worse is that I'm willing to pay the money to get it fixed, but no one can help me. Yesterday I received a phone call from Sue and Joe, the hairless salon owner (HSO). They were right outside my condo with their two kids. After going out to talk to them, I invited them in to see my new doors (and kitchen...it's been a while since they came over!). While explaining my dilemma with the sink, I mentioned that there isn't any name on the sink. Sue said are you sure? I said yeah, it just has this on it "C-Tech-1". She says, "Why don't you Google it and see what comes up?" Yeah dumb-ass Joe, why don't you? Ugh. Of course I was able to find the manufacturer with little problem and the drain is on its way. Sometimes you just need someone to point out the trees through the forest.

While doing laundry yesterday, I realized I had a pair of pants that are dry clean only. Unfortunately, I realized this AFTER I had washed the pants. No sweat, just need to take them to the cleaners and so today I did. Not really exciting, but even though I've been going to this dry cleaner for a decade, they changed systems recently and needed my information. Though it is a stereotypical Chinese managed dry cleaner, the person waiting on me seemed Asian but not Chinese or Japanese. In any case, she didn't speak English very well. So she asks for my phone number and give it to her, leaving off the area code. I mean, she doesn't need that right? I live right around the corner. There are probably 5 dry cleaners within in four to five blocks of my condo if not more. Within my area code, I can't even imagine how many dry cleaners operate. Not getting my area code first though completely threw her off and we spent, literally, three minutes just trying to get my phone number into her computer. I almost jumped across the counter to enter it all myself!! Is there anyone in the free world (or even the enslaved world!) who has to leave their area code to find a dry cleaner? That's just ridiculous. Cell phones might be the reason, but it's still a little crazy.

Finally, I watched the MTV Movie Awards show. The show was pretty ho-hum except for one puzzling category: Best Movie You Haven't Seen Yet. So these are movies that the audience has only seen commercials for: Transformers, Simpsons The Movie and others. HOW is this appealing? Is it really just for drumming up interest in these movies? C'mon, that's pretty weak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the sink problem might be connected to the drink problem.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey, Hey! That's not right! Sometimes I just don't think so well.