Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weeding.....Therapy or the Beginning of Senility?

Not as many people read my blog on Saturday (or Sunday for that matter), but don't miss yesterday's entry. It was pretty useful and, hopefully, interesting.

Yesterday afternoon I was feeling kind of blah, probably from drinking too much on Friday and then getting up early on Saturday and actually having to think. Still having a desire to be productive, but not wanting to think, my options regarding activities were somewhat limited. One alternative was to weed the front garden area which had become, essentially, a few old rose bushes and a bunch of weeds. As I found out, there was 1/2 of a city garbage can of weeds in there. Tell you what though, I felt better after I finished.

Rented Borat last night to round out the day. I'm thinking the DVD was better than the actual movie because of the extra scenes and the whole presentation. The DVD itself looks like a bootleg with just "Borat" written in black marker across the disc. Pretty funny. The movie, itself had me really laughing out loud probably two or three times. It was mostly just mildly entertaining. The "wedding sack" was pretty good and the description of his family was relatively funny. The black whore friend on the electric bull was funny. The real funny stuff was the unplanned scenes: chasing the guy in a blue suit through the streets of NY trying to hug him and the churchgoers in Texas or New Mexico who were at some crazy-ass freak church and were running across the sanctuary periodically as "the spirit moved them". All-in-all it was a decent rental.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny in the theatre when I saw it, but then again I don't have any desire to own the movie or see it ever again. Once is enough.

Anonymous said...

Weeding? Maybe you and Mrs. de-I can set up some kind of home maintenance club.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Absolutely Alexis! Once is plenty for that movie.

No more gardening for me, I'm done for the summer.