Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Joe the prognosticator!!

Ok, maybe not a prognosticator, but lately I've had a knack for seeing people just before it becomes very difficult to see them again. In the past, it's been with baseball players who then die (yes, a little morbid I know). A few years ago I decided to try to get the oldest living negro league player's autograph, so it was skewed sample. Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe (just "Duty" to his friends) was the first unknowing victim. Ted passed away shortly after I almost got his autograph. He was followed up by poor Buck O'Neil, who passed away right after I got his autograph. And now I see General Peter Pace speak, just before he doesn't get reappointed as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; the first such non-appointment since the LBJ administration. So next time you want to have a meeting with me, make sure you're healthy, avoid motorcycles and lengthy trips. Watch out Mr. Navarro.

Tonight I'm heading out to see the Cubs game with Naperville Greg and his wife Kleveland Kim. Should be fun! Tomorrow I have an all-day seminar followed by a client's open house for their new office. So if I miss posting tomorrow, please excuse me!!

5 comments:

alexis said...

speaking of seminars, did you go to the Morningstar shareholders meeting way back earlier this year?

Anonymous said...

well at least we know where the title for "Meet JOE Black" came from...spooky

Anonymous said...

Joe remember when you said you wanted to come up and see us some time. Don't, we'll come down to visit you.
Meet Joe black, i love that movie. "quit blowing smoke up my ass, you'll ruin my autopsy"

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't want to consider visiting a number of politicians given your "talent" would you?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I did not go to Morningstar's meeting Alexis. I'm no longer a shareholder (don't want Tao managing my money!).

Bee with the Joe Black reference...nice. Completely forgot about that. Damn, now I'm scared.

That's a great line DD! I haven't seen the movie in a while.

Any politicians in particular el supremo?