Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What a difference a day makes

As good as yesterday was, today was that bad (or close to it). Woke up with the beginnings of a cold. Ugh. Tired. Tickle in the back of the throat. Blah.

Then I went to get coffee and instead of making a 2% milk mix by combining equal amounts of whole milk (4%) and skim milk (0%), I mixed Half & Half with whole milk to come up with, what a 27% fat mixture. Ugh. Like drinking a hot shake. So after drinking a little, I went back and added more coffee to make it more drinkable.

Then I went to the office and was thoroughly unproductive and it didn't get any better during the day. Sorry folks, can't think straight so nothing great to write about. I'll try again tomorrow!

Oh wait! Just saw that the Bears picked up a safety from the Redskins, Adam Archuleta, who used to play for Lovie in St. Louis. Unfortunately he lost his starting job in Washington and was supposed to get paid tons of money, so they wanted to get rid of him. The Bears gave up (early reports indicate) a sixth round pick this year and restructured his deal to pay him "only" $8.1 million over the next three years with $5 million guaranteed. Joe thinks this is not a bad deal for the Bears and he might even like it.

4 comments:

alexis said...

I hate those "off" days, although at least the Bears finally managed to have one good day. Just think if your life was like the Bears. You'd probably have to commit suicide.

Anonymous said...

Cheer up. You have the fact that I will be visiting you again in two weeks to look forward to. Oh, I guess that's not 'cheer up' stuff but more depressing stuff. Oh well refer back to Alexis' last line.

Anonymous said...

Oh, great. Now you're referring to yourself in the third person. Not a good sign -- you must be getting sick. :-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I almost wrote a Bob Dole reference just for grins!

Have to get better quickly! Can't go drinking for my birthday if I'm sick!!

You're right Alexis, I should focus on the positive of an at least marginally positive Bears move!!