Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gorging and The Pussycat Dolls

The warm weather brought about an uncontrollable urge in me.....firing up the grill. Though the Lean Cuisines were calling from the freezer, the urge to grill some sort of living beast was very, very compelling. So off to the store I went. It started out pretty good as I was going to go with an old standard: grilled asparagus and salmon. Unfortunately, while walking through the produce section, I noticed one large portobello mushroom left. Mmmmmmm, that would be good grilled too. Then I walked past this piece of rainbow trout for like $3. Ahhhhh, what the hell. I'll get that too.

The other uncontrollable urge I have, which kicks in when cooking, is to cook too much food. Ugh. It was all delicious though.

After eating to excess, I sat down to watch some boob tube....literally. There was this show on called The Next Pussycat Doll. Sounds like a stripper show of some sort doesn't it? Well, for those people who aren't hip (like me), The Pussycat Dolls are a "band" of nubile women who, if I had to bet, have studio singers performing most of the singing while they gyrate around on stage. Apparently they are pretty huge around the world. Anyway, this show is one of the most unwatchable shows I've seen in some time. If not for the truly, truly gorgeous women on the show, it would be completely unwatchable.....though after about 15 minutes I switched channels so maybe the hot women isn't enough.

The weather started off great this morning at about 60+ degrees, but by noon it was into the 40's. Made me feel pretty stupid for wearing that short sleeve shirt. Crap.

Tonight I'm going to see "300" on the IMAX screen at Navy Pier. Should be fun. I'll give you the highlights tomorrow!

5 comments:

alexis said...

I need to invest in a grill! I don't know if it counts as gorging if you're eating vegetables and fish.

Anonymous said...

Expecting some of that grilled veggie/fish action! I'll even do the dishes.

Anonymous said...

yeah when you mentioned gorging on living flesh i had visions of a huge steak or pork chop and some "manly vegetables like potatoes or peppers. You have to get out of that neighborhood dude, i'm just saying, if you hang around the barber shop long enough you're bound to get a hair cut if you know what i mean.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

g man, that was just damn funny.

To both you and Alexis though, you know you can gorge on fish and vegetables. Too much food is too much food, and I ate too much. Oink, oink.

el supremo, there's no way I'm cooking for you OR any member of your family. You're foodies! You know too much about food. Check out today's entry for more on the reason why.

alexis said...

g man - heheheheh.

Whatever, you can gorge on steak or chocolate. Fish and veggies is like you're trying to insight envy in monks or something.