Monday, March 12, 2007

Mmmmm, the Caribbean!

Ol'Lefty still isn't up to snuff yet and it's getting a little frustrating. While I can turn doorknobs again (think about that for a second........pretty damn annoying huh?), twisting off container tops is a bit of a struggle. Shaking hands is still out of the question, because I can only give the limp handshake and I'd rather not give one at all than do that!

The weather has seemingly turned a corner here in Chicago and I welcomed it in by doing what? Working. What's wrong with me? Honestly, some times I'm just a little ass-backwards.

On my list of things to do this year, if you recall, was to go somewhere warm on vacation. After a problematic weekend, I decided it was time to get moving on that trip with my buddy Jersey Ken. So we're headed down to Turks and Caicos in April, but choosing between one of two weeks right now. The only thing holding us back at this point is that they have two choices for rooms: one king sized bed (not in this lifetime Ken!) or two twin beds. That's right, twin beds. These things are tiny!! One meter by two meters according to the hotel. Who the hell can sleep on that? So, if available, we're each going to get our own room with a king bed. It's a little pricier most likely, but seven nights on basically a cot just isn't going to work.

Here's an interesting section of ESPN that I found. I know sports isn't for everyone, but this section takes significant events in sports history and ponders what would have happened if the event took place differently. Interesting stuff.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786702

5 comments:

alexis said...

turks, as in an island, I take it, and not Turkey?

stef said...

well you MUST get outside today- it's supposed to be gorgeous

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep, it's an island and not Turkey. Is Turkey safe yet?

I will be Stef! Lunch date at Uncommon Ground...I may even walk over.

Anonymous said...

The Turks & Caicos is a good time. Coincidentally, the family and I are going to the Dominican Republic tomorrow, returning next Tuesday. Yippee!

alexis said...

I love Uncommon Ground! Wow, I can't wait to go back and see everyone in Chicago in June. :)