Friday, March 02, 2007

Third Wheel

Today I had lunch with Ricardo and his wife. We went to a great sandwich restaurant downtown in the west loop, which I need to get the name of before I forget. I just love these two folks. While probably many guys would have some problem with hanging out with a buddy and his wife, I have to tell you, they are two of the more enjoyable people I know and couldn't have envisioned a better lunch duet.

So what did I do for dinner? I had a fish fry with a childhood buddy of mine and HIS wife! Yep, third wheel two meals in a row. Again though, I just adore these guys and we had a great evening. The last time he and I got together for a fish fry, Newcastle and Jameson were passing out free booze along with our all you can eat fish. Today, oddly enough, the good folks from Guinness were there offering free samples of Guinness, Harp and Smithwicks. Awesome. The fish, conversation and drinks were fantastic. I tell ya, people often complain about being the third wheel, but when you have friends like I do, you'd just feel lucky to be invited. I'm fortunate to know such fine people!! And there are two or three other couples who I would be more than happy to go out with because I enjoy their company so much.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a fourth wheel that will fit in nicely to my fun meals!!



Answer to tomorrow's quiz: Cheney, Gore, Quayle, Bush, Mondale, Rockefeller

No comments: