Saturday, March 17, 2007

Interesting Day AND Night

Soooo many different things to talk about tonight, I'm not sure where to start. But since it's already Saturday morning, I'm not sure how long I can type either! Tonight I was the third wheel, yet again, with another great couple Tim and his wife Helaine. The interesting thing about them is that I went to Tim's bachelor party in Vegas, met both of their relatives, had such a great time with them all that they forced Tim to invite me to the wedding even though I had yet to meet Helaine. Since I've been married, I know it's really the bride's day, so I declined the very generous invitation from Tim to attend the wedding in New York. What do you think? Did I make the right decision? Now that I've met Helaine (two or three times), I feel like I should have gone. Wonderful gal.

For future reference, I have two pet peeves: falsely accusing me of anything and hypocrisy. One insecure date recently wondered into the realm of the former of the pet peeves. I picked her up at her house and we went out to dinner. After doting on her for almost the entire night, my date accused me of flirting with the waitstaff!! I mean, I was not only doting on her, we were sitting next to each other at the table for dinner just so we could be closer to each other. Really, do you think I would hit on a waitress in that situation? Puhlease. She pulled off the twofer though by also accusing me of being a player (note that she was a reader of my blog in the past). Wow, two false accusations in one night!! Actually, they were within five minutes of each other. Outstanding. The night ended relatively abruptly as you might imagine.

Also on the dating scene, as some of you know, I'm on eHarmony after being tired of women misrepresenting themselves on Match.com. So far I haven't had any different experience on eHarmony, which is unfortunate. I'm still hopeful though! Well, today, for the second time, I've been matched up by the site with a person I know!! The first time was an ex-coworker, so no big deal. This time it was one of the five women I went to game night with just last month!! How about that? So should I have less or more faith in the ability of eHarmony as my newest match and I have been friends for years but have no sexual attraction? Interesting question. Happy St. Paddy's Day all!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catching up after a week's trip to the Dominican Republic --

Regarding your date --
You are a very gregarious guy, friendly and outgoing to pretty much everyone -- it's just your nature. Part of the way you are gregarious is to share a laugh with folks. This is a good thing; it's one of the things that makes you a cool guy to hang out with.

For someone who doesn't really know you, though -- especially a date -- I can see how your gregarious nature can be misperceived as being flirtatious. I also strongly suspect that this isn't the first time you've run into this situation.

I guess what I'm taking so many words to say is this: I can understand your annoyance, but it seems to me that it is kind of something you and your dates will have to get used to.

P.S. I'll have to tell you about my trip -- we've now got at least one more thing in common!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sweet! Looking forward to hear about your trip. And thanks for the compliments. Since this woman was the one I went to Dallas to see for a weekend and dates with both before and after that trip, she should be comfortable around me and my personality. Oh well. There's nothing I can do if she's that insecure, so sayonara.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with that. If they've met you once or twice, they should know that it's just how you are -- at that point, it's definitely their insecurity talking (whereas before that it might just be an honest mistake).