Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Playing Doctor

Or more like self medicating. You've all done this right? Doctor tells you to do something and you do it....for a while and then either stop or change it up. Or maybe you start treating symptoms on your own instead of going to the doctor (a favorite of my family by the way).

Well, last night I decided to stop sleeping with my splint on my hand. The reason is that when I wake up in the morning, my hand is pretty stiff around the thumb area and as the day moves on it sort of loosens up a bit. Since there isn't much risk of injury to it now at night, I thought maybe the hand would start out less stiff in the morning and be even better as the day went on. So far so good. It wasn't as tight this morning and is feeling pretty good currently. Chalk one up for Dr. Joe.

Some of you know that tomorrow is my birthday! Yes, 3/22/66 was my birthday (I was destined to be an accountant since even the numbers multiply out 3x22=66). Today I received several cards from relatives, so thank you all! I also received a package from a sporting goods store in New Hampshire. Normally, even though I'm certainly NOT bombable, I'd be very suspicious of a random package. But around my birthday, I'll rip open anything. There's a lesson in there for both bombers and bombees. Anyway, so I open this package and inside is a barbecue grill cover with the Bears logo on it!! Perfect!! It'll replace the one I have now which is finally wearing out after four or five years. So to whomever sent it, thank you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well so much for the mysterious countdown...you outed yourself, dang it!
Happy Birthday Tomorrow, lil bro, or should i say lil Nicky? all those sixes...hmmmmmm...

alexis said...

happy b-day in advance. So close to falling on a Friday night too!