Thursday, March 01, 2007

Damn that hurts

One of my goals for the year was to take a trip somewhere warm. Now in January I went to Vegas and in February I went to Tampa, but that's not the type of trip that I was intending. Somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico is what I really want to do. However time is running out! Now, my buddy, Jersey Ken, is more than willing to go with me pretty much whenever I want and he's just waiting for me to pull the trigger. The beach, scuba, snorkeling, golf, drinks, women in bikinis......geesh, I have to get that trip booked. What am I thinking?

Almost two weeks ago, I think mentioned previously, I was hit in the hand with a softball thrown by a teammate at probably close to 75 mph. Needless to say, it hurt....a lot. But I iced it and took some ibuprofen and thought I had it under control. Well, in the morning I still can't grip a cup of water and throughout the day simple tasks elude me: turning door knobs, twisting off anything, carrying handled bags, etc. So at what point to I break down and go to the doctor to get this thing x-rayed? I'm thinking next week, after el supremo de mexico leaves town is the right answer. If it's not feeling better by then, something is seriously wrong. Hell, something might be seriously wrong now!!

Just watched the hour long version of Are you smarter than a fifth grader? I basically learned two things: clearly I'm an idiot and Jeff Foxworthy is one of the worst hosts of a game show I've ever ever seen. With whom is he in competition? Well, it's been too long since I had a Wikipedia reference, so let's go explore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_show_hosts
Mike Adamle really was bad, but that whole Gladiator's show was terrible. Gene Rayburn of Match Game fame? He was terrible but in a moronic way that actually made him watchable. Michael Reagan, Ahmad Rashad, Betty White, Mario Lopez, Joe Garagiola, Anderson Cooper, all were probably bad hosts, but their shows weren't on long enough to find out. Foxworthy though...ugh.

4 comments:

alexis said...

but the stuff we learn in 5th grade - if it was important enough to remember, we probably would. That's my excuse anyways.

stef said...

what channel is the 5th grader show on?

Anonymous said...

You're definitely right Alexis. There's no need to know how to figure out the area of a triangle or how many sides a trapezoid has or where animals are located on the planet. Just no need.

The show is on FOX Stef, right after American Idol.

Anonymous said...

Hey its el supremo de NEW Mexico. It's bad enough that people think we're in another country.