Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hey, a foodie entry!

Yesterday I caught some flack for "gorging" on fish and vegetables (read the comment section). Trust me, half a bundle of asparagus, a large portobello mushroom (with flavored feta cheese), a six ounce portion of salmon and a six ounce portion of trout is very filling!!

"So how did you cook the fish Joe?"
"I grilled it."
"Yeah, I know. That's what you wrote in your blog, but HOW did you cook it?"
"I grilled it."
"Urghhhh, but with what did you season it?"
"I grilled it."
"How about the mushroom? How did you cook that?
"I grilled it."
"The asparagus?"
"I grilled it."
"Did you prepare the vegetables in anything?"
"Oh, yep. The way I grill most things: marinaded in olive oil and balsamic vinegar."
"Both of them? You prepared them the exact same way?"
"That's all I know....I grilled them."

And THAT'S why I don't cook for foodies. I'm a hack. Food to me is a means to an end (not dying) and if I can add flavor, that's awesome. If you give me a small portion that took 18 hours to prepare and has rare herbs and flavoring, I'll probably just say, "Where's the rest?"

Speaking of food, my diet continues to hold steady. For some reason, I can't get under 189. Usually that reason is that I get to that point and then either go out to eat or cook like I did the other night or something like that. I'm not feeling too bad though. I'm five pounds under my softball weight this summer, so it's all good. The reason I went on the diet in the first place was to get into shape for Tampa and the softball tournament. I have to claim success there!!

Oh, 300 on IMAX was AWESOME!!! You have GOT to see it if you're a guy or if you're a gal who likes guys who are ripped and doesn't mind seeing guys who are ripped apart. The women sitting next to me seemed to squirm a little. Funny because I asked them why they came to see a guy flick. They said, "300 ripped guys in speedos." Touche. They didn't seem as happy with their choice at the end of the movie though. Two hours of dismemberment and dead body stacking (seriously) could do that I bet.

Two more really good tv shows if you have the time to watch: Raines (premiered tonight) and The Black Donnelly's. Good stuff both.

4 comments:

alexis said...

foodie entry about not being a foodie, how ironic. Ah, don't worry - we'll get you in the end. It's a slippery slope down but the momentum is irresistable. Took my mom 20 years but she finally came round.

stef said...

Here is something I will never do: post my weight on the internet

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm seems like the entire el Supremo clan of foodies is circling you like wolves after some choice antelope

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon Stef! You're a little thing. What do you care?

As for you other foodies, feel free to cook for me anytime. My spices include: garlic, salt, pepper, garlic salt and salt/pepper mixed together. I'm great to cook for though because I love everything.