Sunday, March 25, 2007

Took off the birthday weekend....so sue me!

Yes, yes, I was a bit of a slug this weekend regarding my blog. Guess old age is settling in already! Actually, Saturday was just kind of 'blue' day for me, which I haven't really had in a while. It was beautiful outside and I had nothing planned. It was the perfect day to have a significant other to: go somewhere for brunch, walk around the neighborhood and people watch, sit at the Starbucks, read the paper together on the chaise lounge in the sun, drive to the burbs and shop for whatever, or just hang out. What I DID do though was drive out to see my folks for a few hours. That was nice too, since I hadn't seen them in a while, but it was really a day for having your honey by your side. Maybe it's the whole spring thing....oh well. Onward and upward!

The nice weather did remind me of my upcoming trip to the Turks though! But that reminded me that the bed I'll be sleeping on is a twin, which just doesn't seem like it's physically possible. Maybe I'll just pass out down by the pool a night or two. In anticipation of heading down there and golfing, I just ordered a new sand wedge and shoes.....good stuff for the start of the long golf season too. Here's the course we'll be playing, Provo Golf Club.

By the way, I finally figured out how to make links like that in my blog! Normally I just copy the link from my browser, but I knew there was a better, cleaner way because I've seen it on Alexis' blog. Finally I decided to figure it out and, of course, there's a simple little button you hit. Enjoy!

Did you see Peyton Manning on SNL? OMG was it funny. They start off with him doing sor of a United Way commercial playing football in a park with kids in non-football clothes. First he audibles up on the line, then throws the ball and hits a kid in the legs and he falls down. Manning just goes off on him telling him "I can't even want to look at you! Go sit in the port-o-let for 20 minutes." Another play, another kid tormented. It was awesome. Then he teaches them how to break into a car and says that he'd kill a snitch.

Finally, more Bears news! And most of it is positive. The Bears lost defensive lineman Alfonso Boone who played pretty well for us all year. It's also likely that we are going to lose Ian Scott from the defensive line as well. With Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek (a rookie) coming off injuries (also on the defensive line) and Tank Johnson probably getting a four game suspension next year, the Bears will be thin on the defensive line. So they signed a veteran named Anthony Adams from SF. He's probably not Boone or Scott, but he'll be a contributor.

By the way, if Briggs holds out or gets his wish and is traded, who do you replace him with? Just so you know, the guys on the roster currently would be: Leon Joe or Brendon Ayanbadejo. Not really going to strike fear into anyone with those guys huh? Certainly not like Joey Porter or Adalius Thomas on whom the Bears passed.

The Bears also re-signed Ruben Brown from the offensive line, so all five starters are set to return on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately Thomas Jones WON'T be starting at running back and nimrod Grossman will still be at quarterback. The latest from Rex was that he said if he made four or five more plays in the Super Bowl, it would have had a different outcome. Really? Definitely a candidate for the most obvious statement of the year award.

3 comments:

alexis said...

it seems like the Bears are trading all their good players and planning on banking last year. It's a good investment for a team - do really well one year, then return to sucking for the rest of eternity. It's worked for both baseball teams.

stef said...

Too bad that United Way sketch was the funniest thing I saw. although i didn't make it all the way through. I thought he did really well though!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're right Stef, that clip was the best of the night without a doubt. The picking the NCAA brackets segment wasn't bad though.

Alexis!! You read the whole sports segment?! Kudos to you! Look at you broadening your horizons beyond food. AND you're right. Unfortunately, when a team has a good season like they did, their players get snatched up by other teams. The Bears were just slow to pull the trigger on some players and believe in throwing good money after bad (grossman, benson). They're planning on the Briggs situation working itself out, but if it doesn't, they have NO backup pland. Ugh.