Friday, January 07, 2011

Well isn't that nice?

So the other day, LL needed to get up early for work and set her alarm for 6 a.m. Yes, that's early for her and for US. After her morning routine, she was running late and was somewhat irritated (there were issues with "getting ready" process). On her way out she came in and hurriedly gave me a goodbye kiss (I was still in bed...no comments) and had not much to say before leaving.

About an hour later or so, the phone rang. It was LL. She was feeling bad about being a little grumpy in the morning and felt like she took it out on me. It was really nice because I had noticed that she was grumpy and felt a little bad about it. So she explained why she felt like that, apologized and it was all good. In fact, I went and took care of one or two of the problems that contributed to her mood.

If you've been checking the web news recently, you've heard about the mass animal extinctions going on around the world. That kind of thing really interests me, especially when the far right starts talking about "end of days" crap (and then try to pin it on Obama). Here's a link to a short, solid explanation for a lot of the prevailing reason why.

3 comments:

terri said...

That was sweet of LL to call and apologize for her mood. I'm usually the one guilty of taking out a "no good reason" bad mood on Mark and I do usually apologize later. He's always so forgiving. Not sure why, but he puts up with me.

So do you believe the "fireworks" explanation for the death of all those blackbirds in the south?

Anonymous said...

Now you know how Bush felt!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Except Bush earned the blame!

I'm not sure about the fireworks thing Terri. I guess these birds sleep or are immobile in the winter and loud noises or shocks can startle them into falling, but it seems a little weak in the science for me.