Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tough Time of Year

No, not because ESDNM was in town (he left this afternoon after a very productive two days) and not because of the weather, though it doesn't help. It's tough because Christmas starts a barrage of presents and romantic dinners due LL! There's Christmas and NYE, followed by our dating anniversary (yeah, we still celebrate that...what of it?), her birthday and then Valentine's Day!! While I like to fancy myself as a pretty good gift giver, that's a lot to ask from a guy (not that she asks at all and is probably appalled that I'm writing any of this). But so far I'm doing ok on the gift side of things. Hopefully I won't run out of ideas before Valentine's Day!

The Bears playoff game is coming up, just three more days of preparation before the big day. Since it's a noon start, I'll be cooking breakfast and hopefully some celebratory post game grub. It's tough to hang out in the parking lot if we lose though. Pre-game should be awesome. LL is going out of town so I'm taking a client who is also a buddy of mine. Should be fun. Benny Baseball and E-Money are going to be there as well, in addition to Mr. Heater, the propane heating unit I pull out in the cold weather. Can't wait!!

3 comments:

terri said...

That is a lot of gift-giving in a short amount of time. But I'd be willing to bet that LL doesn't expect some major, phenomenal gift for each and every occasion. Just recognize each date in some creative fashion. And toss in some technological gadgets and iTunes gift cards here and there. Oh wait. That's me. Nevermind.

alexis said...

you are going to switch to wedding anniversary when that becomes valid, right??

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, I think one anniversary is enough Alexis....at least I hope!!